Jump to navigation Jump to search
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the source code? / How do I work with KolibriOS's SVN server?
Is support for NTFS writing planned?
A member who goes by the handle Pathoswithin is working on it, see the related forum topic here
How do I create a bootable CD from the floppy image?
- In nero, create a new BOOTABLE cd.
- In the BOOT options tab, select 'floppy emulation' and select 'image'.
- Set the path of the floppy image.
- Create the project, you may also add other data to the disk. (games as doom, quake,..)
- Burn it.
How can I boot KolibriOS from...
What hardware is supported?
Where is all the documentation?
You can find the latest API documention in /kernel/docs/ in the SVN repository (WebSVN)
What filesystems are supported?
- FAT12 - read/write (floppy only)
- FAT32 - read/write
- NTFS - read only, no encryption
- EXT2/3 - read/write (write support experimental, use with caution!)
- XFS - read only
- CDFS - read only (cd-rom only)
What is kolibri.img?
- Kolibri.img is essentialy an image of a 3,5" floppy diskette. It contains most programs, libraries, drivers and the kolibri kernel.
- You write this image to a floppy, or boot the image from harddisk, cd-rom or USB device.
- Editing the image can be done under windows through winimage, or in linux using dd or mount commands.