(Redirected from Main Page/)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Developed by:||KolibriOS Project Team|
|Kernel type:||Monolithic kernel|
KolibriOS is an open source operating system for 32-bit x86 computers based on MenuetOS, written entirely in Assembler/FASM.
IMPORTANT: Help KolibriOS development with you ideas and contribution!
|Bug Tracker||Wanted Features|
|File Repository||Hardware Support|
- A monolithic preemptive kernel that is less than 100 kilobytes in size, complete with streams, parallel execution of system calls, a USB and TCP/IP stack.
- Speed: Thanks to being (carefully) written in Assembler, it's very fast.
- Size: KolibriOS is very small - The kernel and most of the programs fit on a 1.44MB floppy disk!
- Filesystem support: Read/write support for FAT16/32 (with long file names) and ext2/3/4, read-only support for NTFS, XFS and CDFS(ISO9660).
- Lightweight: Kolibri boots on any computer that has a Pentium (i586) compatible processor and at least eight megabytes of RAM.
- Hardware support: A lot of the popular sound, network and graphics cards are supported (see supported hardware list)
- Comes with a development kit (code editor with FASM macro-assembler integrated).