From KolibriOS wiki
Revision as of 19:52, 18 March 2013 by Asiekierka
|Developed by:||KolibriOS Project Team|
|Kernel type:||Monolithic kernel|
IMPORTANT: Help KolibriOS development by working on ideas from the Google Summer of Code 2013 list!
|Nightly Builds||Wanted Features|
|File Repository||Hardware Support|
|GSoC Information||All categories|
- Insanely fast. As an Assembler-coded operating system, it does not use anything beyond what it needs to run. Even VESA does not cause any slowdowns.
- Bloatless. 90% of the software for Kolibri fits on a single floppy disk.
- Compatible. It boots from anything, including NTFS drives and even from Windows itself. It supports FAT16/32, ext2/3/4 and CDFS. We are even compatible with NTFS!
- Graphical. Despite being smaller than Linux's kernel, it manages to pack in a fully working graphics interface and a base of applications for you to use.
- Easy to develop. KolibriOS comes with all the software you need to write software for it out of the box.
- Lightweight. Kolibri runs on anything that has a Pentium and eight megabytes of RAM.
- Comes with a development kit (code editor with FASM macro-assembler integrated).