NOTE! A lot of the information here is now on Google Summer of Code 2013.
- Full NTFS support (reading is done, no writing yet)
- Mouse/cursor improvements (scrolling, bugfixes)
- IPC improvements
- Device enumeration without reboot (Plug&Play)
- ext2/ext3 writing support [turbanoff]
- LBA48 support
- Network drivers
- XFS support
- Porting nouveau via DRM
- USB/EFI/SMP/ACPI/SCSI/PnP/SATA support
- GUI redesign
- Single-application desktop
- Transparent windows
- Proper LAN system that includes Samba/NFS, PPPoE, network auto-configuration
- Fully working HDD boot
- Installer/installation suite [maximYCH]
- PE or PE-related executable format support.
- Forth ([]) our own
Basics (all items hereafter shall be started with "The full-featured..."
0. Desktop =)
1. File manager
2. Graphics editor
3. Media player
5. Archive packer
7. Command-line shell
8. Basic painting software.
9. Mini-office (at least rtf, doc, txt, cvs, xls)
10. General system buffer
1. sound editor - better to port Wavela
2. CD/DVD burner
3. ODBC & Java 4. ADO
5. smthg like EasyRecovery (to undelete files)
6. Also: s/w like Aida32 and SiSoftware Sandra.
7. An Apache-compatible web server
8. DBMS server as MySQL
10. A full-featured image editor like Photoshop(its 100%clone, please) or Fireworks
11. Php processor
12. Plenty of fonts
13. MS Windows(TM) emulator
14. Good (3D) games
Some minor asks:
1. It's better to have <- and -> keys to hide/show windows; Let the system menu hide after the second click.
2. Use Alt+F4 to close all applications (yet not working somewhere);
3. File managers shaw a red banner when one tries to open an unknown file. It's quite hard to hide it even pressing 'X'. Better to close the banner with 'Enter' or/and Alt+F4, that's not to seek for the mouse..., esp if have no one.
4. KolibriOS lets applications to be launched many times. Hence, duplicate run of some diagnostic/testing programs is akin of a bug, esp taking into account there's no window shift of duplicates. I want to block such duplicates or at least shift their windows.
5. About ALT-Tab. One need to press it all the tine to switch between applications, MS Windows(TM) lets simply hold ALT, and only press Tab.
6. I want the Undo option in Tinipad (Ctrl+Z / Undo) at least for 2-3 last steps (15-20 better). It will greatly stimulate in-system development
7. Hard disk write for all VM
8. Better advertise the OS to recruit new developers