NOTE! A lot of the information here is now on Google Summer of Code 2013.
- Mouse/cursor improvements (scrolling, bugfixes)
- IPC improvements
- Device enumeration without reboot (Plug&Play)
- ext2/ext3 writing support [turbanoff]
- LBA48 support
- Network drivers
- Full NTFS support (reading is done, no writing yet)
- XFS support
- Porting nouveau via DRM
- USB/EFI/SMP/ACPI/SCSI/PnP/SATA support
- GUI redesign
- More fonts
- Single-application desktop
- Transparent windows
- Proper LAN system that includes Samba/NFS, PPPoE, network auto-configuration
- Fully working HDD boot
- Installer/installation suite [maximYCH]
- PE or PE-related executable format support.
- Forth ([]) our own
- Framework/toolkit [extend Box_lib?]
- File manager [Eolite]
- Media player [MIDAMP/Fplay/AC97 MP3 player]
- Spreadsheet editor (port Table to ASM)
New ones needed
- Proper desktop [current]
- Graphics editor [Animage?]
- Browser [HTMLV but it's horrible]
- Archive manager
- IM clients
- RTF editor?
- CD burner
- Undelete utility
- Sound editor
- CGI-complete web server
- Database server
1. It's better to have <- and -> keys to hide/show windows; Let the system menu hide after the second click.
2. Use Alt+F4 to close all applications (yet not working somewhere);
3. File managers shaw a red banner when one tries to open an unknown file. It's quite hard to hide it even pressing 'X'. Better to close the banner with 'Enter' or/and Alt+F4, that's not to seek for the mouse..., esp if have no one.
4. KolibriOS lets applications to be launched many times. Hence, duplicate run of some diagnostic/testing programs is akin of a bug, esp taking into account there's no window shift of duplicates. I want to block such duplicates or at least shift their windows.
5. About ALT-Tab. One need to press it all the tine to switch between applications, MS Windows(TM) lets simply hold ALT, and only press Tab.
6. I want the Undo option in Tinipad (Ctrl+Z / Undo) at least for 2-3 last steps (15-20 better). It will greatly stimulate in-system development
7. Hard disk write for all VM
8. Better advertise the OS to recruit new developers