From KolibriOS wiki
|Developed by:||KolibriOS Project Team|
|Source model:||Open source|
|Latest stable release:||0.7.7.0 / December, 2009|
|Kernel type:||Monolithic kernel|
IMPORTANT: Help KolibriOS development by working on ideas from the Google Summer of Code 2013 list!
|Nightly Builds||Wanted Features|
|File Repository||Hardware Support|
- A monolithic preemptive kernel that is only 80 kilobytes, complete with streams, parallel execution of system calls and a TCP/IP stack.
- Speed. Thanks to being written in Assembler, it's very fast.
- Size. KolibriOS is very small - most of it fits on a 1.44MB floppy disk!
- Filesystem support. It supports FAT16/32, (read-only) ext2/3/4, NTFS and CDFS support, with XFS support planned.
- Lightweight. Kolibri boots on anything that has a Pentium and at least eight megabytes of RAM.
- Driver support. A lot of the popular sound, network and graphics cards are supported (see supported hardware list)
- Comes with a development kit (code editor with FASM macro-assembler integrated).